Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home Care

Today I shadowed a home health care nurse and confirmed my inkling that it is NOT an area that I would like to work. It was interesting, don't get me wrong, but definitely not my niche.
The first house reeked of cigarettes (an unnerving concept with oxygen tanks scattered everywhere) and the second of mold. Both patients were newly admitted, so the visits took between 2.5-3 hours and consisted of 95% interviewing and 5% assessing. Being in stranger's houses weirds me out. The last patient had knick-knacks everywhere and i couldn't stop staring at this giant wax dachshund candle on her mantle. I kept imagining what it would look like as it melted.
Tomorrow it's back to the hospital for my last oncology clinical!

3 comments:

  1. I'm very thankful to the author for posting such an amazing post..!
    ------------------------------
    same day writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it. I m looking forward desperately for the next post of yours.
    custom paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another informative site. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal way like this post.This post is really good.
    uk book reports

    ReplyDelete